commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jci] Waiting for classes to be compiled before continuing
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:38:01 GMT
Art,

of course the compilation might not be finished right after
the instantiation of the classloader. ...jci is using an
asynchronous approach.

Can you explain why you need this? I understand this is
bit of a pain for unit testing but I am not seeing it as
a problem in the real use. ...please explain :)

That being said I do think that some notification mechanism
would make sense. So you can subscribe to the compiling
classloader that will send out a notify to the listeners for
a completed compilation. (and maybe other events)

...only question is how to get to the CompilingClassLoader
instance ...haven't made my mind about that yet.

cheers
--
Torsten