commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Aust <christ...@wilde-welt.de>
Subject [betwixt] Patch for ID storing strategy
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:42:51 GMT
Hi,

the following is a patch against current CVS
jakarta-commons/betwixt/src/java that implements a pluggable strategy
for storing already processed bean ID values. The default implementation
provided works exactly like it did before, but it allows me to override
this behaviour.

The idea is that (while serializing certain object trees that have a lot
of dependencies) not every instance that is referenced needs to show up
in the resulting XML. This depends on the use you make of it: XML
fragments designed to transfer individual pieces of information can be
significantly smaller than those needed to fully recreate a complex
object tree.

I'd be happy to commit this to the standard code base. Kind regards,

-  Christian

--

Christian Aust
mailto:christian@wilde-welt.de