commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Subversion] Revision Keyword
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:06:42 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

>I think it's something you have to set on the svn partition in question.

It's a property.

>Unsure exactly how though, seems poor if each new directory would need
>it to be set.

Yep, it does, but you can use auto-props in your subversion
configuration (some defaults for svn:eol-style are in the
version-control document: http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html).

I have this:
*.java = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords="Author Date Id Revision"

This only applies to new files - you'll need to edit the properties for
existing ones to add svn:keywords

>I'm sure others know though, and when they answer I'd like to ask how
>we do .cvsignore too :)

svn propedit svn:ignore .

Again, applies only to the current directory.

The SVN Red book has some useful information on properties - the chapter
is well worth a read.

Cheers,
Brett