commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Problem with Zip files
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:22:33 GMT
Hang on - you've switched protocols there - You asked about "file:" urls not
"zip:" urls!

Looking at the vfs docs
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/vfs/filesystems.html) it would seem
that any of the following would refer to the file that you are after:

     file://C:/temp/toto.zip
     c:\temp\toto.zip
     c:/temp/toto.zip

Note that the url version uses '/' symbols not '\' from your example.

If you want to use the zip protocol then you need to wrap a file url, and
usually refer to an entry within the zip: (I'm not sure what you get without
referring to an entry)
     zip:file://C:/temp/toto.zip

Hope that helps,

Rob