commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: FeedParser move to Commons Proper...
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:37:56 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

>+1

OK... great.  Thanks guys.  So does this mean I'm a go?  I've had more
than 3 +1s and no -1s .

I'd like to move to commons proper soon as I'd ideally like to do a
0.5.0 release prior to my codecon talk on Sat Feb 12th.  No pressure
though ;)

Is it possible to migrate the SVN repository so I still have my version
information?

>i'm going to assume that 'give out' is just an inaccurate choice of
>words. new committers can be proposed once feedparser is in the commons
>proper and voted on in the usual fashion.

Yup... usual process... sorry...

>>Also... I assume we can get a dedicated mailing list for the FeedParser?
>>HttpClient is currently doing this.
>>

>a couple of points:
>
>1. that was a bit of an experiment which didn't work out as well as was
>hoped. having all the components on one list encourages a sense of
>community and also provides for better oversight.

And a bit of noise I'm afraid.  Brad already has problems keeping on the
list.

I can just suggest to filter on [feedparser] in the subject line though.

>2. wanting or needing a separate mailing list is a sign that a component
>doesn't belong in the commons any more.

It might be necessary to move out of the commons eventually but we're
not there just yet.  Maybe in a couple months after our initial release.

I don't mind running with the commons list.  Its not too bad a requirement.

Kevin

get a free iPod!