commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject [jelly] x:set null pointer exception
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:58:59 GMT
Hi Paul,

The issue I was having was a null pointer exception resulting from
running the following:

<x:parse var="navXML" xml="" />
<x:set var="nav" value="$navXML/body" />

I think in the past, this used to set "nav" to null (presumably because
navXML was an empty document, where now it is a null document?)

I'm now just skipping this code when xml is empty in the script.

Any thoughts on how this should be handled?

- Brett