commons-dev mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <>
Subject Re: [digester] initial code for Digester2.0
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:03:15 GMT

--- Simon Kitching <> wrote:

> Ok, we'll see what the general consensus is. I happen to personally like
> prefixes rather than suffixes, but will go with the majority opinion.

I vote for prefixes.

> That sounds reasonable. However I do dislike having mutual dependencies
> between java packages; a DAG (directed acyclic graph) is good for a
> number of reasons.

I strongly agree.  Cyclic package dependencies seem
unimportant when you only have a few classes, but as the
amount of code grows, you quickly find that testing and
refactoring because much more difficult than it had to be.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message