commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Commons I18n 0.5 released
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:21:54 GMT
On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 08:27, Martin Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:33:00 +1100, Dion Gillard <dion.gillard@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I didn't think we did releases from the sandbox?
>
> Correct. A component in the sandbox cannot have a release, so this
> anouncement is invalid as such. Only components in Commons Proper can
> have releases.
>
> A sandbox component can, however, make development or test builds
> available. That would seem to be the appropriate approach for i18n at
> this time.

+1

i can't seem to find a VOTE thread either. i'm not sure whether this
because there wasn't one or it's just that i've had problems finding the
thread.

there look to be a number of releases already available
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/i18n/downloads.html). the
distributions are served from
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-i18n/distributions/.

AIUI this isn't the correct place to server test or development build
from. the build naming system also does not make it clear that these are
not official ASF releases. not good.

need to do something about this. anyone opinions on the next step?

- robert