commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Discuss: FeedParser move to Commons Proper...
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:57:00 GMT
On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 10:45 +0000, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> From: "Kevin A. Burton" <burton@newsmonster.org>

<snip>

> > Is there a pattern of projects moving from the commons to a top level
> > jakarta project?
> HttpClient is the only one that has tried to go to be a subproject within
> Jakarta. However it still isn't there, despite it being approved long ago.

The sole reason HttpClient is not currently seen as present at the
Jakarta level is our intention to release HttpClient 3.0 out of Jakarta
Commons in order to avoid confusion primarily associated with package
(re)naming and so on. As soon as HttpClient 3.0 goes final we will move
quickly to establish presence at the Jakarta level.

You can count on our (at least my) assistance with promotion process
should you decide to give it a go

Oleg