commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Subversion] Conversion Error - Revision Keyword
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:35:04 GMT
Dirk, thanks for your response, comments inline...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk Verbeeck" <dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:21 PM

> We should write a script to do this change, no use having 10+ people
> doing a manual correct if its scriptable.

+1

> Are we going to allow all keywords? I think that's the way to go, no
> confusion anymore.
> set svn:keywords=LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision Rev
> LastChangedBy Author HeadURL URL Id

There are only five keywords (LastChangedDate, LastChangedRevision,
LastChangedBy, HeadURL and Id) - the others are just shorter aliases. It
doesn't matter whether you specify the full form or the shorter alias, but
you only need one of them. IMO adding all the forms is more confusing as
well as unnecessary. What matters is that the ones which are case-sensitive
are specified with the correct case:

* LastChangedDate, LastChangedRevision, Revision, LastChangedBy, HeadURL and
Id are case-sensitive
* Date, Rev, Author, URL are case-insensitive

In the case of commons the only one thats currently incorrect is 'Revision'

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/xdocs/keywords.txt
> and if you do a checkout all keywords are replaced.

Just to check what I'm saying is true, I just updated the above file with my
auto-props set to "svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL" to make
sure that all forms were correctly expanded (which they were).

> If there are no objections, I'll try to write a script this weekend
> (unless somebody beats me to do it).

That would be great, thanks :-)