commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [functor] status evolution ?
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:17:16 GMT
From: "Brian Eubanks" <jorne@eubot.com>
> I'm writing a book that mentions the functor project. So I'd like to see
> this project promote in the near future too.
> This project is very promising. There are a few things I'd like to change
> or add, though, before it should promote.
>
> What are the responsibilities of lead developer? I'll step up.

The main requirement is that you are already an Apache committer. If you are
then, just ask and you'll be let in.

Assuming you're not, then you have to do all work via an Apache committer
until you get voted in. (Personally I'm not entirely in favour of this
approach, but thats the rules). The problem is that no Apache committer
seems to be currently interested in helping.

You could try asking at general AT jakarta.apache.org just to see if you
could interest anyone.

Thus, your only other approach would be to take the code to sourceforge. The
AF2 license allows this, providing you keep the ASF credits (read the
license). Possibly in the future, if an Apache committer did become
interested, it could then be merged back.

Stephen