commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: [Email] To release or not to release
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:57:57 GMT
At 10:04 AM +0100 1/18/05, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>aaaah...,
>
>I just set up my box.
>checked out [email] but build fails because
>of the old story regarding download of javamail
>I run "maven jar:install"
>
>I have forgotten, what to do...
>After all works (again) for me,
>I will do produce and signing the release,
>since I have commit priviledg.

You need to do one of two things:

1) manually install the JARs where Maven wants them:
$MAVEN_LOCAL_REPO/javamail/jars/javamail-1.3.2.jar
$MAVEN_LOCAL_REPO/activation/jars/activation-1.0.2.jar

2) indicate with Maven properties that you want to override those
specifications.  You can do this on the command line with -D, but I
prefer to use a "build.properties" file in the project directory.  It
would look something like this:

maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.javamail=/path/to/javamail.jar
maven.jar.activation=/path/to/activation.jar

(You can also specify simply a version number in the value to the
override properties, if the jars are in your Maven repository.
details at
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Overriding_Stated_Dependencies)

Joe

Joe Germuska