commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester][VOTE] Remove licence text from javadoc
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:31:32 GMT
On 21 Jan 2005, at 01:00, Martin Cooper wrote:

> For now, I am -1 on this.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the reason the license is in there is because we
> were specifically asked by the board to include it. Until we are
> explicitly told by the board that this is no longer the case, I
> believe it needs to stay there.
>
> I don't count Brian's comments on legal-discuss as sufficient for a
> go-ahead to remove it, since he was not speaking with his board member
> hat on. (That is, he mailed from his CollabNet account, not his ASF
> account.)

i find it really hard to know which hat people are wearing these days.
for example, is this -1 with your member hat on (in which case there's
no real point continuing this vote) or just as a jakarta committer?

IIRC though there the reason for adding it came from the board, the
interpretation (putting the license on javadocs) came from discussions
with brian. if it's something that needs to be decided at board level
then the right thing seems to be raising this on the jakarta pmc list.

- robert