commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Commons Jelly RC1 and Maven : More than Magic
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:40:26 GMT

Le 5 janv. 05, à 09:02, Milind Parikh a écrit :
> I am in the process of writing a book on Maven.
> (www.milindparikh.com). In this book, I intend to have six chapters on
> Jelly and Jelly programming. The first chapter should be published by
> tmrw.

What is your timeline ?

> However Commons-Jelly RC1 is flouting some of the basic rules that
> make the Apache Group so solid. The Commons-Jelly RC1 will not even
> jar because it misses certain files (actually just one file).
> Additionally it will not dist.

Yes, this is known.
But we'd rather roll out an RC2 rather than rolling out a fixed
version, at least this is my opinion.

> In the second chapter, I need to get into the installation related
> stuff. Is there an RC2 that is going to be out there soon? If I need
> to put RC1 and how I installed it, I am going to lose 25% of the
> audience.  I see a 1.0-RC2 - SNAPSHOT; but the main place from where
> typically the users download is still RC1.

Again... timeline...
How describing an ideal scenario that, if it sounds reasonable, we make
true for RC2?

> In addition, is Commons Jelly undergoing active development?

You seem to be new to the list... it is definitely undergoing active
development!

paul