commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] Problem building javadoc w/ Ant on Windows
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:58:30 GMT
On 18 Jan 2005, at 08:53, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> Well, I think I'll raise a bugzilla entry with this info, as a reminder
> to think about this further. But for the moment, I'm inclined to leave
> digester as it is, until Robert Donkin reappears and lets us know why
> this was added in the first place.

<IANAL>
my level of legal paranoia is higher than some other committers. at the
time, we needed *everything* licensed with ASL2.0 ASAP. (there are some
jurisdictions which may - in theory - require explicit - rather than
implied - licenses for anything and everything.) so, i added them
everywhere i could including the documentation.

i've never actually been convinced by the prevailing copyright theories
around apache concerning documentation (these are that implied
copyright is sufficient). so, if it's causing problems, i'd be happy
for the license to be removed.
</IANAL>

- robert