commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject [feedparser] Components cannot be released from the sandbox ?
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:22:58 GMT
I was just taking a look here:

And it says:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsEtiquette

> The sandbox is a space provided by Jakarta for the development of
> experimental code by existing committers. It is divided into components.
>
> Any Jakarta committer has the right ask for karma and have it granted.
> The right place to ask is on the commons-dev mailing list.
>
> Components cannot be released from the sandbox.

I'm trying to get us to a point where we can release a 0.5 beta of
FeedParser and then shortly after that (a month or so?) a 1.0 release
candidate.  I'm giving a talk on the FeedParser at CodeCon so I wanted
to do a 0.5 or at least a tagged SVN before then.

But it looks like I can only have nightly builds in the sandbox.

Which brings up the question of whether or not I can move out of the
sandbox and into commons proper or maybe into the incubator...

This has been brought up before due to the fact that we currently have
multiple developers working on FeedParser and coordination is a bit of a
pain when working in the sandbox.

Any thoughts?

Things are moving along nicely. We're getting some solid attention and
patches from external developers and might be collaborating with the
Rome developers or merging projects.  We're proposing a joint
presentation at JavaOne on the subject.

Thanks gang!

Kevin

get a free iPod!