commons-dev mailing list archives

From "B. K. Oxley (binkley)" <>
Subject Re: [vfs] imaginary and rename
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:08:47 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> I tried this with an ordinary local-file. And beside the fact, that the
> local file cant be renamed as it isnt existent, VFS successfully passes
> the request down to the LocalFile implementation.

I based my question on the Javadocs for doRename() which tell me that it
will never be invoked for an Imaginary type file object.

> BTW: Why would you like to rename a imaginary file? Even if they live in
> an RamFS there is no need to call them imaginary, but also use Folder
> and File.

Ah, I see.  I misunderstood the purpose of the Imaginary type.  I'll
just drop it.  It just doesn't apply in my case.  Thanks!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message