commons-dev mailing list archives

From "B. K. Oxley (binkley)" <bink...@alumni.rice.edu>
Subject Re: [vfs] proposal: MemoryFS
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:10:17 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Just one additional idea:
> Please design the internal data-store in a whay that it is serializable.

I'm using fields in the RamFileObject itself for all the various
properties, contents, etc. (at least until I introduce RamFileContent --
right now I just have RamFileName, RamFileObject, RamFileProvider,
RamFileSystem and RamFileSystemManager).

So if RamFileObject is serializable, so is the data store.  I'll mark
them with JSR-220 annotations so that Hibernate and others can serialize
them automatically.  How does that sound?

(I cannot reach hibernate.org right now (!?), but the page describing
features for version 3 has a keen sample of the annotations.)

Cheers,
--binkley