commons-dev mailing list archives

From "B. K. Oxley (binkley)" <>
Subject Re: [vfs] proposal: MemoryFS
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:05:53 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> One thing I currently thougth about is the scope of its content. By
> default the content is global to all users using the singleton
> FileSytemManager.
> Though, we could use the FileSystemOptions to force VFS to create a new
> RamFileSystem instance.

I'm not certain how the config builder bit works, but it was simple to
implement a "set" portion of the URI:

Which behaves like "host" does for a URL.  If there is no "set", I use
the global set (empty string).  The URI for root directory of the global
set looks like:

Not pretty, but that's only the canonical form.

Could you explain the tradeoffs between putting the RAM set into the URI
v. as an option to the configuration builder?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message