commons-dev mailing list archives

From "B. K. Oxley (binkley)" <bink...@alumni.rice.edu>
Subject Re: [vfs] proposal: MemoryFS
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:05:53 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> One thing I currently thougth about is the scope of its content. By
> default the content is global to all users using the singleton
> FileSytemManager.
> Though, we could use the FileSystemOptions to force VFS to create a new
> RamFileSystem instance.

I'm not certain how the config builder bit works, but it was simple to
implement a "set" portion of the URI:

ram://[set]<path>

Which behaves like "host" does for a URL.  If there is no "set", I use
the global set (empty string).  The URI for root directory of the global
set looks like:

ram:///

Not pretty, but that's only the canonical form.

Could you explain the tradeoffs between putting the RAM set into the URI
v. as an option to the configuration builder?

Thanks!
--binkley