commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] Maven JSL memory leak and Jelly
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:36:28 GMT
The good news: nailed it in xdoc. If you run multiproject:goal
-Dgoal=xdoc, you only need about 13mb of memory for any number of projects.

Tha bad news: multiproject:goal -Dgoal=site still leaks another 4-6mb
per project with the default set of reports. With no reports, none is
leaked, but it is no individual report that is causing it - just a
cumulative effect.

As all that is processed in Jelly, there's a strong possiblity that this
is in Jelly somewhere else again, however I've not got any conclusive
proof at this point.

I'll try your new patch and let you know if it makes any difference, and
possibly do some more investigations later after I've got dom4j/jaxen
working on Maven's trunk again.

I'd say this is "good enough" for RC2, as it has at least halved the
consumption of building a site. Nice work!

- Brett