commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: [all][VOTE] svn migration
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:35:39 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:
> Alright a sufficient amount of time has passed for public comments and
> testing.
>
> This is a vote thread for migrating commons to SVN.  If this vote
> passes, I'll contact Justin and schedule the least disruptive migration
> time possible.
>
> Tim O'Brien

+0.75

I have reservations about subeclipse based on experience..  I think the
Team-ShareProject is broken for SubEclipse.  I tried to do this with a
local project I play with in my spare time and I couldn't get it to work.

However, I recognize that that's a relatively minor use case for
jakarta-commons.  I presume that most projects would be added to svn at
the command line, and this is a one-time operation anyway.  Other use
cases within Eclipse seemed to work all right.

So I will go along with the infrastructure guys, noting that many of the
negative votes are not based on actual experience as extensive as even
my limited experience.

The ride may be a little bumpy, but isn't that par for the course?