commons-dev mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Rault <ksbra...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: [vfs] sandbox VFS
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:23:08 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> Well, VFS is alive in a manner that I try to fix major problems and
> reported bugs.

> I decided to go in small steps as I use it in our project as
> java.io.File replacement (where possible) and thus have to ensure its
> stability. Currently I feel very comfortable about its stability.
>
> As soon as I have more time I would like to implement something like
> file-locking.

Yes, and the NFS support would be interesting too.. I saw it in the TO
DO List.

> You are right, I too think its time to discuss a plan how to migrate
> it to commons proper - I planed to poll for it in a couple of months.
> Not sure what the community thinks about it.

Sure that it would be a good idea. !!
So, for now, I decided to keep it in my project but in a secure way (I
encapsulate it in a single class to change it more easily.)
In some weeks, I will be more free time and I will spend some time
reading the sources.

Thanks for answering...

St├ęphane.