commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] gump taglib breakages
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:57:00 GMT

>>Is httpclient 2.0 instantaneously disappearing when 3.0 is released?
>>

>Don't most projects think that way?  There are some honorary
>exceptions, but how often do you see "use 2.x instead" if users find a
>bug in 1.x?

Yes, but if it is working fine, there is rarely motivation to move "just
because".

>Gump does.  There is a project descriptor for the httpclient 2.x
>branch, that you could build against.
>
>  <project name="commons-httpclient-2.0-branch">

Ok, sorry. I should have checked that first. I'll give that a try.

>>With Jelly approaching (finally) a 1.0 release, its really not the
>>time to be upgrading to beta dependencies :)
>>

>Understood.
>
>So you are going to have a final release of forehead before that?

beta-5 is a final release - the code hasn't been touched since ;)

Actually, we've already discussed folding forehead into Jelly and
getting rid of the dependency.

Cheers,
Brett