commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project commons-jelly-tags-swing (in module commons-jelly) failed
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:40:31 GMT

>> That's not the case. Gump builds commons-jelly first, and Maven is
>> using that via a JAR override, so whether it is SNAPSHOT or not, its
>> still the latest.
>

> But the latest as can be obtained by a current distribution is
> obtained, still from ibiblio! And that one is dead old!

Not for gump (it builds it itself, and ignores it elsewhere by running
offline), and anything local will not download an older version. Though
there is no problem updating it if needed.

> Sure that'd be a problem.
> But it is complementary to my problem (which I am having on a
> headfull  machine).

Ok, but the other comments still apply. For instance using ../../target
will not make it any newer than that you have built.

If you are changing both, I suggest running this from the top level:
maven multiproject:install
-Dmaven.multiproject.includes=project.xml,jelly-tags/util/project.xml
(replace util with one or more taglibs you are building).

Cheers,
Brett