commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Wait forever when get Ceonnction from data source
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:00:52 GMT
Connection timeout is a database driver specific property. You can set
it using the DBCP connectionProperties property. Or sometimes it is
appended to the URL.

In your case you probably need to set the timeout on the odbc driver.

Once the connection is in the pool then the maxWait can be used to
limit the pool waiting time.

-- Dirk

Paul Hsu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one question about DBCP. I am connecting a database thruough Dharma odbc driver,
so I use jdbc to odbc bridge,. It take a long time come back as expection when I try to call
datasource.getConnection() and the server database daemon is not running. I cannot find any
way to set up the time out in DBCP, I may miss some paramters. It would be appreciated if
any one know how can I solve the problem.