commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project commons-jelly (in module commons-jelly) failed
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:12:10 GMT
As promised, I'm actually looking at this now (sorry for the delay).
Packaging this is probably necessary.

forehead was omitted from the Ant build because it is a runtime dependency.

dion, forehead is essentially dead. I was going to repackage it and
commons-grant (approved on commons-dev last year) into maven, but I've
discovered that jelly uses both.

What do you think is the best alternative here? I'm of the impression that:
- forehead's 2 or 3 classes (bob will relicense them ASL) get folded
into both Jelly and Maven as part of their own source tree. They're
unlikely to change, so I don't think there is any need to sync between them.
- commons-grant be folded into jelly-tags-ant (only place it is used),
and Maven depends on that to obtain the class. Every chance it will go
away when I get to testing it out with ant 1.6 too.

WDYT?

- Brett