commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [Jakarta Commons Wiki] New: SigningReleases
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:47:06 GMT
I've been lurking on this discussion.

+1

PGP Signing files needs to be just like the current md5 signing that
maven supplies on artifacts. You should be able to supply signing Keys
and get artifacts signed.

I initially was working on libraries to do this in Ant/Maven using
BouncyCastle. But alas, time and money has me unable to contribute. I
highly recommend having this be a task in Ant that Maven can also take
advantage of, this way it can also be included into the generate
build.xml files that projects may use for also building releases.

-Mark

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> AIUI there some work underway on this over in mavenland. hopefully brett
> will jump now with a progress report and tasks which are still needed
> volunteers...
>
> - robert
>
> On 6 Jan 2005, at 20:53, Rory Winston wrote:
>
>> +1

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center