commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons Jelly RC1 and Maven : More than Magic
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:04:05 GMT
Dion Gillard wrote:

>We have been hoping to get a particular bug (the GC of scripts) fixed
>before RC2 was released.

+1 (I'll test further if necessary)

>Just because some people hate Jelly, and it's original author has
>dumped it, doesn't mean others aren't committed to getting it
>released. There are a group of us who definitely are going to see
>Jelly 1.0 come out as soon as we can get the bugs fixed.

A great job has been done by the guys here. Several bugs have been fixed
that influence Maven, and hopefully the memory leak. Thanks guys!

My comment was based on a 2003 Jelly release. Still, some just don't
like XML scripting, and I wanted to illustrate that Maven intends to
provide an alternative.

- Brett