commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [net] Submission of Configurable Timestamp parsing for FTP Listings
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:33:59 GMT
Hi Steve!

Lot of work!

But there is one thing is miss. After a first look at your checkins it
seems it is not possible to replace the FTPTimestampParserImpl by a
custom implementation.
It would be nice to have this to build a CompositeFTPTimestampParser
which is able to hold multiple FTPTimestampParserImpls configured for a
couple of languages one has to deal with. You know ;-) I would like to
"guess" the right one.

I know you are against this strategy ...

Said that I would like to suggest to change the FTPClientConfig to not
to hold the configuration of the TimestampParser but to hold a already
configured TimestampParser.
Lets speak in meta-code:

TimestampParser europeTimestamps = new SimpleDateTimestampParser();
europeTimestamps.setRecentDate(lsjgklsjgdkl);
.
.
FTPClientConfig conf = new FTPClientConfig(NT);
conf.setTimestampParser(europeTimestamps);

That way any parser could be written without having to "ignore" the
default configration strategy.

Just an idea!

---
Mario