commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] StringUtil reverseSplit
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:38:33 GMT
It's really on the task list? :) Hadn't noticed it. Which task list?

Not sure what it's meant to be. Either seems quite easy as they'd either be:

ArrayUtils.reverse(StringUtils.split(string,string)) or
StringUtils.split( StringUtils.reverse(string), string))

The latter might be slightly off and instead need a loop, not sure how
well the delimiters would work.

The former seems the only one with an obvious use-case (reversing a
DNS name/IP address), and it'd only be replacing two method calls with
one, so seems overkill.

Sorry for the negative reply,

Hen