commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [logging][PROPOSAL] 1.0.5 release
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:44:23 GMT
+1

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 2:49 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [logging][PROPOSAL] 1.0.5 release

IMO the first step before any work can begin on any improvements is to
release the current code (this contains an important enhancement
improving memory release in the 1.0.x series of releases).  therefore,
i propose that we should start the release process for 1.0.5 by
electing a release manager and formulating a release plan.

i'm willing to act as release manager for this release. my vision would
be that a release branch would be taken as soon as possible but with a
long release candidate phase would follow to allow the release to be
tested.

- robert