commons-dev mailing list archives

From fzli...@omnytex.com
Subject Re: Proposal for a new Commons personalization package
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:36:30 GMT
On Thu, January 6, 2005 1:26 pm, Martin Cooper said:
> thread, Daniel said:
>
> "The rules presented in the proposal make personalization decisions using
> both user data and external rule configuration parameters. Both types of
> data can be stored and accessed using the Preferences API, so I think this
> is a great idea."
>
> So, since he said already that it's a great idea, I was simply
> pointing out that I believe it works in all of the environments he
> cares about, at which point it seems to me that we're done, and don't
> need a new API / component for this.

Fair enough, I didn't put your comment in the proper context, I thought you were saying something
more than you actually were.  I wasn't trying to give you a hard time or anything :)

For future reference, responses like yours to me can be boiled down to simply writing the
following:

In my best Eric Cartmans' mothers' voice:
STOP BEING DIFFICULT ERIC!

:)

Frank