commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] proposal: MemoryFS
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:58:50 GMT
I can definitely see this being useful for unit-tests. I was working on
some code a while ago that manipulated files, and found it very hard to
write unit tests, particularly ones that could be run cross-platform.
Having an in-memory filesystem available for unit tests to "store" files
on would have been great..