commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] Problem building javadoc w/ Ant on Windows
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:53:30 GMT
On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 08:40 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I did some digging in the mail-archives and found the thread I was
> talking about earlier. It can be found here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&by=thread&from=666491
>
> Note that eyebrowse sorts the e-mails with newest-first, so start
> reading from the bottom up...
>
> Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

That's very useful indeed.

So "escaping" of quotes in the "bottom" text for javadoc is necessary on
Windows but not on Linux or Mac. And escaping the quotes can be done
with backslashes, but if you do that then those come through to the
generated html page on Linux. Yecch.

Well, I think I'll raise a bugzilla entry with this info, as a reminder
to think about this further. But for the moment, I'm inclined to leave
digester as it is, until Robert Donkin reappears and lets us know why
this was added in the first place.

Maybe a comment in the build.xml would be useful too...

Anyone got any alternative suggestions?

Regards,

Simon