commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Structure rehashed
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:08:12 GMT
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:10:12 -0500, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:

> And yet option A is going to be impossible (?) to check out as one whole blob.

It's not impossible, but it does require more time (because you end up
checking out all branches of all commons packages).  Struts chose a
structure pretty similar to Option A -- you can still check out
everything in one step, but it does take noticeably longer.

I'm +1 on Option A because of the "atomicity" argument -- branching
Digester should not have any affect on Email, for example.

Craig