commons-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Scott <corey.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Test generation
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 04:09:12 GMT
Actually I had been looking at JTest and I know that there is no way
my company would pay for such a product.  The impression I got from
their doco was that is was a 'nice' tool if you were doing what it
wanted you to do.
With all this in mind, I was thinking that a whole heap of my tests
(and code also) looked extremely similar and that a templated solution
that was easily configurable would be something that everyone could
benifit from.  Also I am sure that their are a set of tests that are
somewhat standard for different situations that a lot of people would
not be aware of.  So in this manner those that are very good at
testing could contribute their 'templates' to help the rest of us test
our products better.

Personally I am happy with JUnit but I am now (thanks to Bernard) that
it has some limitations that I havent hit yet
(http://www.beust.com/testng/).

So far its just a whole lot of non-coherant thoughts, its just
something niggling in the back of my head, that there must be a better
way.

Regards,
Corey