commons-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Scott <corey.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Test generation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 05:10:32 GMT
A quick question for the collective brains trust.

I have been looking into test (and code) generation and have come to a
unexpected results.
1) JUnitDoclet appears to be the only (reasonable) opensource product around
2) commerical equiv are incredibly expensive
3) JUnitDoclet seems extremely like a decent tool, up to a point.  It
seems extremely limited and not terribly configurable (at least
easily).  And support for standard tests or standard layouts for
common code structures does not seem easy/available

This brings me to my questions:
1) Are the statements above correct?  It seems like I must have missed something
2) Are their any OSS efforts around to produce an extended test
generation framework and maybe a repository of easily customizable
tests?
3) If not, is anyone interesting in looking into the creation of such a thing?

Regards,
Corey