commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:24:11 GMT
It disturbs me that what seems to me to be a reasonable and small set of
requirements --- along with what appears to have been considerable
forethought based upon real world issues, and experiences supporting many
developers --- appears to be discounted a bit too out of hand.  I hope my
perception is wrong.

Does anyone really dispute the requirement to support localization for log
messages or the additional JSR-mandated logging requirements?  If not, then
let's work constructively towards satisfying the requirements.  And not by
relying upon some IDE's tooling.

	--- Noel