commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:10:38 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> i'd much rather that people speak up and voice their concerns now when
> we can actually acknowledge them and (at the very least) document
> reasons for rejecting.

As I said to Simon, I have no issue with any of the constructive debate
surrounding the proposal.  I firmly believe that the best solutions come
from constructive pushing within the solution space to satisfy competing
interests, and are a synthesis derived from the creative input of multiple
people.

However, I also saw some comments that came across to me as unnecessarily
negative, and I don't want to discourage people from trying to innovate
here.

Putting this another way: let's have the debates, but at the same time, make
sure that we encourage participation in the process while we do so.  Not
everyone will have what appears to be Richard's excellent attitude.

	--- Noel