commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Florey" <daniel.flo...@web.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: [proposal] avoiding jar version nightmares
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:01:59 GMT
If components stay backward compatible there of course is no need to include
the versions in the package name.
But I assume that there are some components that have incompatible api
changes (or even worse: same api different behaviour) between major version
numbers.
For packages like these the versioned package names would be the only way
(beside renaming the component ;-) to solve this issue. Or have I missed
something?
Cheers,
Daniel