commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar on ibilio is old ?
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:12:09 GMT

Le 19 déc. 04, à 00:25, Brett Porter a écrit :

> SNAPSHOT actually shouldn't be there. As far as the ASF repo goes, it
> has been recommended to use http://cvs.apache.org/repository for
> SNAPSHOTs and http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ for releases
> (Which is mirrored to ibiblio).

I see no recent snapshots there.
Do I understand, however, that this is the way to go in the future ?
I'm a bit surprised but maybe I have skipped reading something.

> As far as Maven goes, we are discussing actually codifying separate
> repositories for snapshots and releases, but haven't resolved it
> completely yet. Of course, you are able to do this by picking the
> appropriate properties depending on the release type, eg:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/plugin-
> parent/project.properties?rev=116299&view=markup
> then run
> maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apachecvs jar:deploy-snapshot
> for example.
>
> As far as correcting it on ibiblio - it can be updated by dropping it
> into java-repository, or a decision made to remove it. I'm not sure if
> deletes are propogated - if not, then we can help you out - probably
> best to make a "MAVENUPLOAD" JIRA request.

Well, I'm worried about others receiving jelly, having downloaded
maven... trying to build and run a demo (say "maven demo:swing" in
jelly/jelly-tags/swing)... and getting something as bad as a missing
method because the snapshot was downloaded from ibiblio and is deadly
old.

For things to run smoothly, then, we need to change maven.repo.remote
in project.properties (for example in jelly-swing's project.properties)
after having made sure that the gump nightly goes on this snapshot.

Is this correct ?

paul