commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat binaries
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:45:57 GMT

Hi,
The release is tentatively labeled beta by the release manager (for Tomcat, that's me), pending
a formal stability vote one week after the release is cut.  The binaries are the same, but
instead of just putting beta in the new release we also put it in the download links (via
a symlink) to make it obvious to users.

I apologize if it's confusing to you, but this approach was adopted after a couple of years
of trying other things and a long discussion with both users and developers, who all agree
this is best for the majority of people.

For this specific case: 5.0.30 is beta as indicated by the release announcements and download
pages.  It may (or may not) be voted stable later this week.  As with all other ASF votes,
you can subscribe to or monitor the tomcat-dev list to see them in process and chime in with
your opinion.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com