commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject Re: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:42:29 GMT

The commons-logging-<impl>.jar approach you suggested earlier will throw an
exception if <impl> is not available which should be perfectly fine because
if the user explicitly puts commons-logging-<impl>.jar in her classpath,
then it means that she wants <impl> around.

I quite like it.

>It lends it's self well to this, but it's not sufficient.  The requirement
>is for this behavior to be exhibited by JCL, for example when Log4j is
>configuted, but not available on the classpath.

Ceki Gülcü

   The complete log4j manual:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: