commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:52:36 GMT

On 2004-12-16 18:09:36, Richard Sitze wrote:

 > ok, without going back to review exactly what I said in an earlier note, I
 > had in mind something like:
 >
 >   commons-logging-core.jar   - core interface & factory class, NO config
 >   commons-logging.jar        - core + all helpers, NO config
 >   commons-logging-<impl>.jar - core + ONE helper, ONE config
 >
 > With this scheme, I believe we can scrub the code from LogFactory that
 > looks for an attempts to load specific logger impls [Log4J, Avalon, ?],
 > and instead depend entirely on the config.

In commons-logging-<impl>.jar, I suppose by "ONE helper, ONE config"
you mean the necessary wiring to let commons-logging know that it
should use <impl> and skip automatic discovery. This simple and robust
approach would probably alleviate many of the classloader problems
users have been hitting.

--
Ceki Gülcü