commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Structure rehashed
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:23:10 GMT

>Are these the versions released with 1.0.2? Also I feel uncomfortable
>with "works on one platform but not on another".

Yes. There is a windows specific bug in that release, so an updated
plugin will be made available for those publishing a site from a windows
machine.

This requires a manual install of a new plugin:
maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven
-DartifactId=maven-changelog-plugin -Dversion=1.X.X
(this will fix all 3)

>Also, some plugins (quick grep; e.g.  release) depend on SCM to do the
>right thing. A non-working release plugin is a no-go IMHO.

confusing aspect - the "release" was an experiment left around because
it provides some support code to other plugins.

The SCM plugin I mentioned has some release goals. These are all really
just convenience goals - certainly not something you need to use day-to-day.

The future goal is to redevelop these with complete requirements.
Deployment itself is unaffected.

>>I'm working on SCM, but commons does not at present use this anyway.
>>

>How many commons components use maven for releasing?

AFAIK, just Jelly and Jexl. Hopefully by the time they come to a new
release, the new plugin will be ready for download. Its not a huge
amount of additional work

These are all issues, but not blocking IMO.

- Brett