commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bastian Helfert <bastian.helf...@web.de>
Subject [collections] Classes that decorate collections with References?
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:38:59 GMT
If wished and/or needed, I would like to contribute by writing some
classes that decorate Collections, Lists, Maps and/or Sets with
Soft-/WeakReferences. These Decorators shall make the Reference handling
transparent to the user. Besides having
org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractReferenceMap and
java.util.WeakHashMap, I could imagine that having i.e. Lists that
contain WeakReferences to listener objects would be useful. What do you
think?

Bastian