commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar on ibilio is old ?
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:25:12 GMT
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought there was an automatic communication between the Gump runs
> and the ibiblio repository ?

Nope

> In any cases, currently, the state of the build at
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-commons/commons-jelly/
> is success but the jar on
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-jelly/jars/ seems to be of
> september and the last file there is RC1!
>
> Who can explain or help on this ?

SNAPSHOT actually shouldn't be there. As far as the ASF repo goes, it
has been recommended to use http://cvs.apache.org/repository for
SNAPSHOTs and http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ for releases
(Which is mirrored to ibiblio).

As far as Maven goes, we are discussing actually codifying separate
repositories for snapshots and releases, but haven't resolved it
completely yet. Of course, you are able to do this by picking the
appropriate properties depending on the release type, eg:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/plugin-parent/project.properties?rev=116299&view=markup
then run
maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apachecvs jar:deploy-snapshot
for example.

As far as correcting it on ibiblio - it can be updated by dropping it
into java-repository, or a decision made to remove it. I'm not sure if
deletes are propogated - if not, then we can help you out - probably
best to make a "MAVENUPLOAD" JIRA request.

Cheers,
Brett