commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [doc] First attempt at update to release.html
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:58:18 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> One more general comment that I did not know what to do with.  Steps 6
> and 7 (checksums and sigs) and 11 (upload) involve quite a bit of manual
> typing that is time consuming and can lead to errors.  For 6 and 7, I
> used the script below (please do not make fun of my limited bash skills
> ;-).  I have another one that does verification separately (presumably
> from a different user ID). It would be nice to also have a script to
> create the symlinks in 11 automatically.  Does anyone have this?  Should
> these scripts a) go in committers/tools  b) be housed somewhere in j-c
> c) be summarized / embedded / linked in the instructions or d) none of
> the above?

I just committed three shell scripts to committers/tools/releases:

sign_and_hash.sh -- creates checksums and sigs
symlinks.sh -- generates symlinks
verify_sigs.sh -- verifies checksums and sigs

NB: committers has moved to svn.  The URI is

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers

If you haven't used the ASF svn repo, you will need to run svnpasswd
from ssh to get set up.

-Phil