commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <sma...@lfjr.net>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] ClassPropertiesConfiguration
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:00:33 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> I don't think, this is overengineered. Are you sure about URL locate?
> I'd probably go for InputStream locate().

Is that for classloaders that do no support getRessource ? We really
need to know where the file is located in order to reload it efficiently.

> Hm. I probably would like this solution better than the current (which
> reminds me of the way that commons-logging tries to find its log
> APIs). We could use current as the default and make the others
> pluggable. (and add a few C'tors which accept a Locator object)

We could either keep the current constructors and use the Locator directly :

new PropertiesConfiguration(locator.locate("config.properties));

or add one constructor :

new PropertiesConfiguration("config.properties", locator);

in this case we'll also need another load method :

config.load("config.properties", locator);

I think I prefer starting with the first solution.

Emmanuel Bourg