commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] getProperty vs getPropertyDirect
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:14:44 GMT
After seeing the commit mails I may be a bit late.

I had some ideas about extending the interpolation mechanism to support
other data types than string, too. For this use case the separation of
getProperty() and getPropertyDirect() would be nice, as getProperty()
being a generic hook that allows for manipulation of properties (like
interpolation) before they are delivered to the caller.

But this was nothing concrete yet.

Oliver

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Dumb question of the day : what's the usefulness of getPropertyDirect ?
> I cleaned a bit the code by removing the redundant getProperty
> implementation in CompositeConfiguration and JNDIConfiguration, now the
> only implementation left is in AbstractConfiguration and it delegates
> directly to getPropertyDirect.
>
> So at this point it seems getPropertyDirect is no longer necessary, I
> suggest merging it into getProperty.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universit├Ąt Marburg
Baldingerstra├če,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66923
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de